Monday, September 06, 2004

Cleaning Out My Closet

Today I decided to do some cleaning and organizing before school starts. I cleaned out my desk, room, and closet. I had t-shirts cluttering my whole closet. Most of which I never wear. These shirts and I have gone through a lot. Such as the great depression of the late '90s, the gas war during the last decade, and creation of highspeed internet. Below are just two of many shirts that I had to throw away.



This shirt, pictured above, I consider my first designer shirt. I bought it for $20 at BootLegger. It was a navy blue Mossimo shirt with a parrot smoking a "J". It had a letter J at the end of the blunt. Its served me well over the years. I've worn it so much that the colour has been faded by the sun. In the pictures, it may look pretty bright, but I've played with the colours in photoshop to make them look good.

Pictured above is the "re-give a gift shirt;" made infamous by Prince William and Big Ja. This was a shirt given to Jon by Will and Rhonda for his 20th birthday. They bought him the shirt for $20. The day after his birthday, I swung by Jon's window at Res, "Hey Jon, what's up. Why ain'ts you wearing yer new shirt bro." Jon replied, "Dude. I hate it. This ain't my style bra." So I offered to take it off his hands, "I'll buy it from ya for 10 bucks." Jon agreed and that was the end of that.

Since Will nor Rhonda lived on res, they had no idea I've been wearing the shirt. 'Till the day we went over and celebrated Will's birthday over at his place. In my rush to find something to wear, I took the first item of clothing on top of my hamper. The shirt I picked up was the one that Jon had sold to me -- the one Will and/or Rhonda gave as a gift for his birthday.

As I walked merrily into their place with my tray of alcoholic jello shooters, my big fat stupid grin quickly turned into a quivering earthquake of a frown. I was shot dead in my tracks by Will and Rhonda's piercing stares. But after the shock had set in, both Will and Rhonda laughed the whole thing off, or at least I hope they did.


The shirt was great during that era, but now, it doesn't fit into my wardrobe.

No comments: