Wednesday, September 15, 2004

BCIT's Free BBQ and Concert

It was the first week back from school, and there was this free BBQ. When I got there, all they had were hotdogs, pop, and popcorn. So I got a hotdog and went back again in line, and ate my dog while waiting in line. I think I did that three times before I was full. Here is Nick below taking advantage of the hot dogs.

After my massive hot dog feast, it was time for some tunes. The headliner of this free concert was this pop-punk band called Exit This Side from North Vancouver. They're a great band. Opening for Exit This Side was some dingus, who I will call Gomer. I've seen him play functions at BCIT before. I think he is either a staff or student.

Well anyways, there was this huge crowd for the free food and pop. But that soon changed when this Gomer walked on stage. He started off his set with a poorly done rendition of Are You Gonna Go My Way by Lenny Kravitz. Then he dipped into Red Red Wine by UB40 (red red wine you make me feel so fine). I became overwhelmed with flash backs from grade 7 dances. I had a sudden urge to put on doc martens and a silk shirt, and end my sarcastic comments with NOT!

As you can see in this next picture, NO ONE WAS WATCHING! Good job Gomer. Not only did I feel sorry for the few who stood around to listen to this guy, I also felt sorry for the next band -- Exit This Side. They did not deserve this.

Ryan however loved the Gomer! What the hell is wrong with you bud? You've gotta get your head checked.

All this bad music is making me hungry again. As I turn around to survey the hot dog situation, I spotted Dan Caetano and Tarek Elneweihi from Exit This Side. Not only did they consume all the hot dogs on the table, they were strategically planning to over throw the king of the stage by pelting him with the remaining hotdog weenies.

As we looked upon the stage from a safe distance, I could not help but wonder what if Exit This Side was to have played first? Would they have more than their manager sitting in the front row?


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Jimmy! This is cool. I missed that show... I had to work. I'm goin to the Plaza tonite to see the boys. It's very typical of Tarek and Dan to plot wierd shenanighans!

http://exit-this-side.tripod.com
Is the site I made for y'all that don't know!

Anonymous said...

I just read the post again, cause I'm incapible of spelling first of all, and reading all of something without gettin distracted. Looks like there were not too many peeps watchin exit either... what's up with school spirit these days???!! SFU was a bust. All the stupid people in the world. Your blog thing is pretty cool. I have my livejournal that you may have already checked out in the links section of my exit tribute site, and this looks way better than the LJ's. Well, now that I think I'm finished the second time... come to the plaza?