Sunday, May 29, 2005

Linux Virgins

I'm quite embarrassed to admit it, but I am -- yes -- and still a Linux Virgin. I've always thought the big day would come when I was ready and willing. I've always looked down to guys who installed and configured it for fun, practice, or bragging rights. Those values were instilled in me by my family and peers. They've always told me not to have a Linux box kicking around because that is what geeks and nerds do.

Now I'm worried when that big day at work comes -- the day I'm asked to create an embedded prototype software to test hardware. Will my system perform up to snuff? Or will my employer see through my lies and discover my inexperience.

Since my newly found insight, I was in search. In search for a new and experience geek girl to teach me, take her time and hold my hands through the 5 hour install of the Red Hat 1.34.23 Beta34 US.ENG.87^& disto. Someone to who likes to take long chat sessions on the internet. Someone who likes to eat microwaveable packaged meals over long distances on the internet. Someone who loves to stay up all night playing medieval games in a fantasy world enclosed by the internet.

Fortunately I don’t have to search anymore; I’m now able to dodge further human interaction and maintain my current social manner. I have discovered Linux Virgins 1.5. Linux Virgins is a series of videos to show an inexpert how to build a Linux box. It’s hosted by two beautiful women: one in a bondage outfit, and the other in a school girl uniform.
[Click to go to Linux Virgin]

Hopefully, I’ll get it done right the first time; the time when it really counts.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

A